- A frequent headache over the eyes?
- A susceptibility to chills and fever?
- A bitter or oily taste in the mouth?
- A sour stomach?
- A complexion inclined to be yellow?
- A great depression of spirits without known cause?
- Specks before the eyes, and flushed face?
- A done out, tired feeling?
Do you have—
Besides many other symptoms too numerous to mention? If you have you may be affected in your liver and kidneys, and should do something for it.
The following preparation, “Magic Kidney and Liver Restorer,” acts on these organs and, when diseased or out of order, restores them to a healthy state. Everyone should keep a bottle of this preparation in the house, as it is an invaluable medicine. Splendid to take in the spring to tone up the system:
MAGIC KIDNEY AND LIVER RESTORER
- Two ounces of alcohol
- One and a half ounces of glycerine
- One ounce of liverwort
- Three hundred and twenty grains of saltpetre
- Forty drops of wintergreen.
Steep the liverwort in a quart of water down to half the quantity, then throw in the other ingredients while hot.
Dose: One tablespoonful about four times a day.
- One ounce mandrake root;
- One ounce gentian root;
- One ounce dandelion root;
- One ounce buchu leaf;
- One ounce sarsaparilla leaf;
- One ounce blackberry leaf;
- One ounce hops.
Dose: A teaspoonful three times a day.
HEPATIC AND ALTERATIVE POWDER
Take equal parts, say of each half an ounce, of finely powdered blue flag root, bloodroot, May apple root, golden seal root, and bitterroot. Mix all together and pass through a fine sieve. Dose: As an alterative and to act on the liver and secretions, from two to five grains two or three times a day.